Combined Work Placement
We’re excited to launch our Combined Work Placement programme for 2019, which aims to support people looking to pursue a career in property.
We're keen to make the property industry accessible to everyone. Whether you’re looking for a glimpse into the world of property for the first time or already on your real estate journey, the Combined Work Placement programme could be perfect for you.
Our programme provides talented people, who have a keen interest in property, with an introduction to Landsec and the industry. The placement includes time in our London and Retail businesses, along with some project-based work.
We celebrate opportunity and learning and we hope that anyone who spends time with us can grow personally and professionally from the experience. A placement in a market-leading FTSE 100 company like Landsec provides candidates with a fantastic opportunity, and that all important competitive edge at the start of professional life.
So, if you are early in your career and interested in property, want to work for a leader in the industry and believe you have something special to bring to our business – this may be the opportunity for you!
Combined Work Placement
What we’re looking for
A successful candidate for the Combined Work Placement programme should:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, be hard working and have a proven ability to drive and deliver results, individually and within a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively to people at all levels of the business – verbally, in person and in writing.
- Be ambitious, self-driven and hungry to learn about property and the wider industry.
- Have excellent customer service skills and be able to exercise integrity at all times.
- Be able to articulate a clear passion for wanting to pursue a career in property.
- Hold a minimum of six GCSEs (including Maths and English).
- Preferably be studying for, or due to be studying for, a qualification in real estate, however this is not essential.
What we can offer you
Responsibility and accountability are key values that we live by and this is no different for our Combined Work Placement candidates. Individuals on the programme will be immersed in hands-on experience on real, high-profile schemes from day one. You’ll work closely within the team to contribute to various tasks and projects where possible.
The placement provides an unrivalled opportunity to work with and learn from top property professionals. We like to see your initiative and ambition shine through when taking part in the placement – we can provide the opportunities but it’s up to you to make the most of them. Whether this is an opportunity to develop new skills, to deepen your business knowledge in the industry or to experience life in a FTSE 100, make it yours!
We aim to provide you with essential skills and commercial awareness to be successful in corporate life and your future career – there will be plenty of areas for you to develop during your time with us. No two placements will be the same, but examples of some of the experiences you might have include:
- Understanding how to research market transactions.
- Putting together development appraisals.
- Feasibility studies.
- Leasing objectives and asset management tactics.
- Developing the ability to translate transactions into useful information for the business.
- Learning about planning policies to understand how they impact our business decisions.
These kind of activities will help to develop your commercial and property knowledge. You'll also get a better understanding of the the legal aspects of property, start to appreciate the wider competitive environment and understand the fast-paced financial landscapes that we operate in.
Application and selection
Applications for the Combined Work Placement are now open.
Please complete the Combined Work Placement application form and then email this to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receiving applications is 11 January 2019.
The selection process will entail:
- Review of the application form.
- Short telephone interview with the shortlisted candidates.
Placement dates will be from June to September 2019 and will be confirmed with the successful candidates when they are offered a place.
Experience on this programme acts as an excellent precursor for our school leaver programme, the Landsec Academy, and provides a great advantage when it comes to applying to any of our graduate or post-graduate opportunities.
If you have any questions or queries relating to the Combined Work Placement programme, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com.