We will create opportunities and inclusive places to change lives, supporting communities to thrive.
We are a significant creator of jobs across real estate, construction, customer service and retail, and we have an important role in helping create a fairer, more inclusive economy. One that helps tackle the social inequalities specific to our local areas, and addresses the current and future skills we need.
Landsec Futures is a £20m fund that aims to deliver around £200m of social value by 2030. The Fund supports Landsec’s Live Well commitment to empower at least 30,000 people from underrepresented socio-economic backgrounds towards long-term employment. It will also provide the chance to increase the diversity of talent across the industry and in our business.
Landsec Community Charter
Our Community Charter has been co-created with our community partners and teams across the business. The charter is a set of commitments that we as a responsible developer and landlord must stick to in order to involve and engage our communities throughout the development process and beyond. Empowering our communities to collaborate and partner with us will ultimately help us create fun, safe, beautiful and exciting places for the future.
Live well: targets and performance
Targets and Metrics
From a 2020 baseline, empower 30,000 people facing barriers into employment with the skills and opportunities to enter the world of work by 2030.
1,802 people empowered towards the world of work including:
- Total number of people supported into employment or received employability support: 1,040
- Total number of young people engaged through our education programmes and careers sessions: 762
Please note: this doesn’t include people supported through our development activities as this is a new target and will be included next year.
From a 2020 baseline, deliver £200 million of social value in our local communities by 2030, addressing social issues relevant to each area.
£5.1m of social value delivered including:
- - Social value created through supporting people into employment: £2.4m
- - Social value created through volunteering: £195,000
- - Total value of support for charitable partnerships: £2.5m
Please note: this doesn’t include social value created through our development activities as this is a new target and will be included next year.
Targets and Metrics
We will design, develop and manage our assets and new developments to be accessible ensuring everyone feels like they belong.
This year we achieved Disability Confident certification at a number of our assets, with five sites receiving Disability Confident Leader certification. Received a Stonewall Bronze Employer Award and introduced a ‘transitioning at work’ policy.
Accelerate diverse representation across all levels at Landsec:
- 2025 target for female representation: 50% whole organisation; 50% Board, Exec and Senior Leaders; 40% Leader.
- 2025 target BAME representation: >14% whole organisation; 14% Board, Exec and Senior Leaders; 14% Senior leaders.
- Sexual orientation: achieve appropriate accreditation as a welcoming place to work for everyone irrespective of sexual orientation.
- Disability: Achieve appropriate accreditation as a welcoming place to work for everyone irrespective of physical ability.
51% of our employees are female and ethnic minority representation is 17%. Our female representation is 35% at leader level and 30% at senior leader level. Our ethnic minority representation is 10% at leader and 3% at senior leader level.
Targets and Metrics
Promote a culture which enhances Landsec colleagues’ wellbeing, having relevant policies and delivering impactful campaigns.
This year we launched an information hub to provide access to all wellbeing support including our employee assistance programme, our virtual GP, documents and apps. We continue to encourage individuals to focus on their physical and mental health and provide ongoing training to our 18 mental-health first aiders.