Landsec celebrates five years of Trinity Leeds
16 March 2018
Landsec’s Trinity Leeds will celebrate turning five years old on 21st March. Following Landsec’s decision to regenerate two 1970s shopping arcades in Leeds city centre, Trinity opened in 2013 and has since set the benchmark for shopping centres in the 21st century. Having established a reputation as a launching pad for new retail innovations and leisure concepts, Trinity is now widely regarded as a natural destination of choice for international and domestic brands, outside of London.
Key firsts introduced by Landsec at Trinity Leeds include:
- Trinity Kitchen – a world first street food dining concept, which curates the very best culinary experiences from leading established and emerging restaurateurs. Trinity Kitchen consists of eight permanent restaurants supported by a rolling cast of five leading street food pop-ups. Currently Trinity Kitchen offers Indian street food from Pavs Dhaba, Malaysian cuisine from Dapur Malaysia, and a premium burger offering from Wagyu Lookin’ at?, a British street food awards’ finalist for the past three years.
- International restaurant group D&D launched its first two restaurant concepts outside of London at Trinity Leeds – Angelica and Crafthouse.
- Leading operators, such as jewellery and accessories retailer Lovisa and premium cinema brand, Everyman Cinemas, chose Trinity Leeds as their first locations in the north of England.
- Unique events brought forward by Trinity Leeds, include Wonder Weekend (an annual two-day spectacle which welcomes over 60 different experiences to the centre and provides one-time-only offers for visitors) and the UK’s biggest Gin and Vodka Festival. Hosted in Trinity Kitchen, the festival saw Trinity become the first UK shopping centre to launch its own brand of gin - ‘Ginity Leeds’.
Trinity Leeds continues to play an incredibly important role in the economic success of Leeds. Recent research by Landsec estimates that Trinity Leeds supports over 5,400 jobs and generates nearly £150m in economic output each year.
Key facts about Trinity Leeds include:
- At 788,900 sq ft, Trinity Leeds is the size of 13 football pitches.
- 1,902 panes make up Trinity’s glass roof which is lit by more than 940 LEDS lights that can be controlled individually to create different moods and ambiences. The centre’s famous glass dome has the strength to support 10 elephants.
- 68 new brands (both UK and international) have come to Trinity Leeds since it opened.
Rob Jewell, Portfolio Director, Landsec said: “Trinity has had an incredible impact, both as an engine for local economic success and as a pace setter for innovation and evolution in the retail and leisure sector. We’re very proud of the many thousands of jobs Trinity supports and the huge role it plays in boosting Leeds’ reputation as a city that is recognized globally as a fantastic place to live, work and visit. What’s more exciting is that we are by no means finished. We’re progressing a number of innovative initiatives at Trinity right now which will ensure that this magnificent scheme continues to set new records for many years to come.”
MP for Leeds Central, Hilary Benn said: “Trinity has been a great addition to Leeds city centre. It set a new standard for design and is very popular with shoppers.”
For further information please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7409 3434
Trinity Leeds – awards and industry recognition:
- Global ICSC RECon VIVA ‘Best of the Best’ Awards – Best designed shopping centre in the world – 2015
- MAPIC awards - Best Retail Estate Development in City Centre – 2013
- Trinity is the only shopping centre to ever be voted onto the illustrious ‘Cool Brands list’. The list is compiled following consultation with a combination of 2,000 consumers and a panel of 37 designers, style experts, media personalities and prominent figures from the worlds of TV, fashion and music. Being included on the list puts Trinity alongside the likes of Apple, Glastonbury and Prada in terms of its success as a brand.
At Landsec, we believe great places are for people to experience and are made with the experience of great people. As the UK’s largest listed commercial property company, with 23.7 million sq ft of real estate and a portfolio valued at £14.2 billion, we own and manage some of the most successful and recognisable assets in the country.
In London, our portfolio totals more than £7.8 billion, and consists of 6.5 million sq ft of real estate. From the world-famous Piccadilly Lights to the transformation of Victoria, SW1, we deliver exceptional experiences for the businesses and people that live and work in, and visit, the capital.
In Retail, across our 17.2 million sq ft of assets, we create outstanding experiences for customers and guests alike. Combined with the strength and resilience of our portfolio, this means we regularly outperform industry benchmarks for footfall and sales. We offer more than convenience and choice, recognising that memorable destinations are key to attracting the shoppers and retailers of today, and tomorrow.
We also aim to lead our industry in critical long-term issues – from diversity and community employment, to carbon and climate resilience. Everything we do is grounded in experience and begins with people. We deliver value for our shareholders, great experiences for our customers and positive change for our communities. At Landsec, everything is experience.